Transportation Evolution

Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Review on Kolis's blog

I was really intrested in reading about the effect that music has had on people. I had done previous research on the topic for another class and going reading other blogs just helped me push my knowledge a little further. I had read before about people trying to connect rap and gang violence and never really had put much thought into the idea. Were some people really that effected by the words of their favorite rap artists? Reading through the blog it became clear to me as to how some people get so caught up in these artists lifes and what is going on. For example, I read about how Lil Wayne got arrested an acount of a illigal gun. Do I actually think my view of his music would change based off of what has happened to him? Not at all. I dont think that people see news like this and all of a sudden want to copy what their artist is doing. When you see a news article that says Lil Wayne goes to jail, and underneath says what went wrong? why on earth would that make anyone want to even think about doing something stupid like that? I understand how people make arguments about how it could have an effect on the younger generation but like Kolis mentioned in his blog, i dont think the music industry is what should be blamed. It is infact our culture that has produced these problems. It isn't how certain people rap or sing or act but infact how we are taught. These rappers are products of society we are all apart of. I think that when society puts a bad name on something it makes people want to go against the society. For example, society has put such an emphasis on swear words and how they are inapropriate and such. If we hadn't made a big deal about them do you think that they would be such a prominent form of language now a days? The reason people swear is because it is an act of rebelion. I think the same goes for drugs and alcohol and other illegal things. The main reason why people do them is because its illegal and they know they aren't supposed to. I definitely agree with Kolis that the music industry isn't to blame for these problems but it is infact what our society has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment